W] The park with a size of 4.8 hectares is located on a gently sloping area outside the former city fortifications south of the St. Godehard basilica, northeast of the Johanniswiese outdoor pool, north of the Hohnsensee and southwest of the former site of the clinic, from which it passes through the Road vineyard is separated.
The northern border of the Ernst Ehrlicher Park is formed by the Dyesgraben, part of Hildesheim's medieval fortifications. In the west and south it is bounded by the Mühlengraben, a tributary of the Innerste, and in the east by the property of the vineyard.
In 1917 the garden of Villa Dyes was taken over by the city of Hildesheim as a city park. From June 29, 1929, it was open to the public and was initially called "Dyes-Park". The park got its current name in 1938, when the former mayor of Hildesheim Ernst Ehrlicher retired. Ernst Ehrlicher Park survived the Second World War without major damage.hildesheimer-geschichte.de/topografie/parks-und-anlagen/ernst-ehrlicher-park
23 augustus 2020
Goed op de hoogte? Log in om een tip voor andere avonturiers toe te voegen!
Onze aanbevelingen voor Tours zijn gebaseerd op duizenden activiteiten die andere personen met komoot gedaan hebben.